gatorskins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Here's the answer to your fitting problems.

http://www.bikeplus....l?product=TYS42

OK, basic question.

Do you just need one of these tyre levers or 2/3 as with traditional tyre levers?

2old2care

Über Member
Bought a set of aluminium Park Tool tyre levers, but these were so thin at the tip that all I did was pinch the innertubes ater I'd repaired them, so I went to a bike/car chain and bought some small and tube friendly levers which work fine.:smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
I used this method to get 23mm gatorskin folder on my CXP22 without needing levers (I didnt use the straps like they have in the vid)

Just keep working it round and pushing the bead into the center as much as possible and after a few minutes it will pop over.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-XUFVrl0UT4

See that link ? Now that IS the way to do it :laugh:
Tried just now with Gators on Fulcrums, a combination that nearly stumped me....i just put a Gator on without levers (and without straps as used in the clip)...something that seemed unfeasible a week ago.

It was still hard, but to do it without levers is extraordinary (based on my previous attempts)

gwhite

Über Member
OK, basic question.

Do you just need one of these tyre levers or 2/3 as with traditional tyre levers?

There are in fact two levers, one of which acts as a lever by using the outer rim as a pivot point and hooking and pulling the tight part of the tyre over the inner part of the rim. Sounds confusing but I think instructions come with them.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
There are in fact two levers, one of which acts as a lever by using the outer rim as a pivot point and hooking and pulling the tight part of the tyre over the inner part of the rim. Sounds confusing but I think instructions come with them.

If it’s the Var tyre lever you are referring to the below may help
5534098589_ef5599c2c2_o.jpg

Paul_Smith
www.corridori.co.uk

Top Bottom