Gauging Interest: London Wednesday Night Ride Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
There's a wee group of us that've been meeting up on an irregular basis for rides around the streets of London. As it's good fun, we thought that
a) we'd like do do it more often, and
:wacko: we'd like to invite others along.

The rides have tended to be on Wednesday nights (as Dalestar and myself can pretty much guarantee that we'll be in London for work on that night), and rather than try to set a certain date, we thought that if a ride were to be happening every Wednesday, then folk could pick and choose which weeks they attended, but overall, there would probably be enough people turning up to make it a good evening.

The rides tend to set off at 7pm from the Southern end of Blackfriars Bridge, and last round about the 3 hour mark. Speed-wise, NO-ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!!! (At least, not permanently :biggrin:)There's normally a stop for either food or a drink or both. Lights will be needed, a lock may come in useful. There's no "ride leader" per se, but it's normally a good idea to have at least one person in the group who know's where they're going!

Examples of previous meanderings here and here. (Ignore the bit of the route up into Islington - that's just me riding from my hotel to the start.)

So. Are you interested in joining us? Can you recommend a route? If enough people are interested, we could start a dedicated thread where folk can say if they're coming along or not, what route they fancy, whether they fancy a food stop etc...

Tynan

Veteran
yes in theory although I can't help thinking that most of the London cyclisst get plenty of London cycling during the week, I certainly top 100 miles a week, granted up and down the same road

drink ...

just4fun

its something i'd be interested in but due to work shifts would probably be every 3 weeks i could make it.

Dan B

Disengaged member
If it's still going in October I'd be interested, but summers clash with the Wednesday Night Skate

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I'll try to make it tomorrow my misses may not be back till 8 pm from work so I might have to catch you up. But if you go on the first one then it's not a problem as you will go straight past my house!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I commute from SW London to St Paul's and cross BF bridge twice daily. Am home by 4:15 every day but if I can summon the will-power to retrace my steps in the rush hour I may attend future events ;)

Tynan

Veteran
yuk yuk tomorrow

I fnish work at 630 at London Bridge most evenings, I will be hauling an empty lunchbox and a set of work clothes

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Wednesday is really difficult for me, other than those weeks in which my dearest is away. Sorry.

Top Bottom