gavin and stacey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Good or not? It's one of those sit on the fence ones, isn't it?

I want to like it, but not sure if I do like so much on BBC3. Rob Brydon is good though, as is Stacey's accent, slobber.

Noodley

Not.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

I know what you mean. I'll dislike it now until someone says it's good, and then I'll agree with them.

I say Good.
Stack it up against all present sitcoms and it stands out as the best. Not a classic but still good.
The two fat ones (sorry) write it so they tend to give themselves a bit of a party piece most episodes.
Rob Brydon is good with all the subtle (or not) gay references.

Stacey was the bird in the film Love Actually who was bonking with the bloke from The Office. Really nice fit bod (as you saw in L A) and worth watching for that.

Essex parents let it down a bit as they are classic crap sitcom types.

It probably will be about done with this series but good while it lasted.

I found out a while ago that BBC3 was supposed to be a young persons channel. Has all this channel personality gone now?
OK saturday night ITV - enough said but then they do south bank show and some decent drama.
I find I am going over the place on the Freeview channels and but usually end up with an old Top Gear on Dave.
Best US import is Big Bang Theory - worth a look.

girofan

What's occurring then, (with a South Wales accent). Seems some posters are missing the subtlety of the humour, especially the character of Rob Brydon.
Anyone who knows the play "Abigail's Party" and has Welsh friends would find this programme hilarious! :wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

Noodley

girofan said:
Anyone who knows the play "Abigail's Party" and has Welsh friends would find this programme hilarious! :wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

That *must* be where I am going wrong then - perhaps they should have highlighted this prior to showing it:

"In order to find this programme amusing you will have to meet certain criteria - if you fail to find it funny, it's all your fault for failing to meet these criteria."

Repeat after me:
It is not funny. It is not subtle. It is not funny. It is not subtle.

Hugo15

Über Member
Good, though I think the first series was better than the current one.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Watched the first series and thought it was OK, but nothing to write home about. Couldn't believe all the hype it got subsequently !

I'm recording the 2nd series, which I may sit down and watch some day. Or perhaps I'll just think, "Nah..." and delete the lot and go and do something less boring instead.

Noodley said:
That is akin to saying Hitler was the best Nazi :thumbsdown:

Not really! It is saying it is the best (UK) sitcom around at the moment. That view is arrived at by not being able to think of a better one.

Stop being so negative Noodley! Just dont watch it.

Comedy works for you or it does not. Lots do not do it for me but best leave others to enjoy them.

Out of the 30 mins it generally has one or two gems in it, mostly from Brydon but the John Prescott ref from the big girl was great.

IT Crowd was previous best sitcom but finished now.

So what would you say is best sitcom of today?

stephec

Legendary Member
It should have maybe just been left at the one series, that had a story to follow, boy meets girl, they get married, etc. They can't have the cheek to do a third one surely?

One thing I'm not too sure about though, is Nessa a bullshitter when it comes to the stories about her previous jobs, or is she for real?

Top Bottom