Gawd!! - we haven't half upset the Daily Mail havent we??....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The main thing I've got against the Mail is the spelling and English grammar, it's dreadful. Written by people with a poor education.

Last edited:
What is it with the Mail??. They're absolutely gunning for cyclists - sorry, "Lycra Louts" at the moment. Their website is running simultaneous negative stories about cyclists in general. Society criminalised Dog owners and now it feels like it's our turn. They really need to witness some of the car "drivers" by me. Pimped up to s**t, driven by thugs and mysteriously no front number plates.

Life is too short to read that rag.

@Andy in Germany will know better, but Junge Frieheit is well known for being similar ilk to the DM.

Especially "Bild-Zeitung" or in short "Bild".
And less obvious other stuff from the publisher "Springer".

E.

"Bild" is the closest probably, but the newspaper scene is very different here; 'local' papers tend to be bigger and cover international news, so it's fortunately not as dominant as the DM.

Also, many people ride bicycles here for various reasons, so it would be hard to marginalise us as a group.

But people keep saying ... "It's not a race"

They are a race in the London parks apparently!

I didn't think people read the sport! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not the Sport - but I sometimes used to find a Sun left on the train and picked it up to see what they we saying

I noticed that they often had a proper news item - properly written - on the page OPPOSITE the topless picture

I used to fold the "paper" over to read the article so the picture was on the opposite so that
a) it didn;t look I was spending time looking at the picture in an interested manner
b) I could sneak glance at the person sitting opposite to see where they were looking

After Hillsborough the papers left on the train were normally another red top - for obvious reasons

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
As cyclists, we are understandably annoyed at the DM's anti cyclists stance.
However, abusive comments towards any group (in this case DM readers) is not acceptable on this site.
Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom