Gay bikes for teenagers??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you've got to admit - his haircut is a tad George Michael.

I was struck by the price of the bikes, which ranged from about eighteen quid up to twentyfive quid. I remember that my dad earned fifty pounds a week in 1961, and that was a very decent wage then - I'd have thought that twenty quid would have been a more normal wage.

battered

Guru
In the early 80s, I bought a mate a birthday card in the vilage shop. It was only when I'd got it home I read the inscription: "Here's hoping your birthday/ Is happy and gay in every way". I kid you not. Now these days I would cackle with delight and rush back to buy more, to send to all my most macho mates, but in your teens that's not happening. I think I kept it for novelty value for a while, but God knows where the shop found it. It must have been in a warehouse for ever, or possibly they had had it there for years.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
battered said:
In the early 80s, I bought a mate a birthday card in the vilage shop. It was only when I'd got it home I read the inscription: "Here's hoping your birthday/ Is happy and gay in every way". I kid you not. Now these days I would cackle with delight and rush back to buy more, to send to all my most macho mates, but in your teens that's not happening. I think I kept it for novelty value for a while, but God knows where the shop found it. It must have been in a warehouse for ever, or possibly they had had it there for years.

Or possibly you weren't the only gay in the village:biggrin:.

Top Bottom