Gay Mountain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am actually sick of our media not letting us enjoy any sporting/ cultural event staged in any country. All the coverage is over shadowed by some thing that we do not like in that country. If we have can't find anything wrong with their politics or policies, our media will at least find that organisation is not so good etc.
Remember the Olympics in Greek.
When can they let us just enjoy....

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Did anyone see the CH5 programme a few days ago about the groups of people in Russia that go around doing organised gay bashing?
It was hard to watch! And it's like it's condoned by most of their society.
The comments of the people they followed/interviewed about being gay were to say the least repulsive.
Just wondered if anyone else saw it.

OP
OP
N

nuttall1991

Did anyone see the CH5 programme a few days ago about the groups of people in Russia that go around doing organised gay bashing?
The comments of the people they followed/interviewed about being gay were to say the least repulsive.

I did see it advertised, which put me off...

Linford

Fair enough. That's a coherent pov. I hope you'll agree so is mine

The Games are the event...
The Russian government, and Putin in particular, are using their own agenda to overshadow it.
If I don't like the laws of a country I won't visit it.. and I do what I can to try to change their thinking.

Your name is Peter Tatchell, AICMFP

sazzaa

I saw bits of this, had tv on for background noise and was pretty shocked by the bits I did see, difficult viewing indeed. But I suppose if you grow up in that kind of country it becomes normal? Seems shocking to us but maybe not for them? Surely if you wanted to have an openly gay life then you'd want to find a more tolerant country to live in... Felt bad for them, and that Russian daffodil female with the short fringe needed a good hiding. Vile person.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I hope Ch4 does the same to Qatar when they host the world cup, not only is homosexuality illegal but something the press seem to miss, is the abusive way they treat women.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I saw bits of this, had tv on for background noise and was pretty shocked by the bits I did see, difficult viewing indeed. But I suppose if you grow up in that kind of country it becomes normal? Seems shocking to us but maybe not for them? Surely if you wanted to have an openly gay life then you'd want to find a more tolerant country to live in... Felt bad for them, and that Russian **** female with the short fringe needed a good hiding. Vile person.
If that is normal life for those poor bas****s, I want to remain as abnormal as I possibly can.
You're dead right about the woman aswell! Just standing back giving out the orders and interrogating those terrified people. I would love to meet her and her friends somewhere quiet for a chat.
Also that oaf that had a little boy and a wife. What sort of life is mapped out for that kid when his homophobic pig of a father is his mentor?
It was truly shocking!!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
did anyone else see this middle finger salute by Channel 4 to Russia last night?

Good on them!
Saw it last night and laughed:laugh:

Especially for Mad Doug Biker:

^_^

The fact that they doctored the opening cermony footage of the olympic rings so that only Russians saw it open, while the rest of the planet saw it fail, smacks of old-style Soviet control-freakery like in the communist era when unsavoury people actually got airbrushed out of official photos.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The fact that they doctored the opening cermony footage of the olympic rings so that only Russians saw it open, while the rest of the planet saw it fail, smacks of old-style Soviet control-freakery like in the communist era when unsavoury people actually got airbrushed out of official photos.

In 2008 the Chinese did what Boris Johnson called a switcheroo, when they had a pretty girl mime a song because the actual singer was deemed too ugly.

Top Bottom