GBDuro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Has it started? Wasn’t sure of the date! I’m so impressed at how the % of female participants has increased this year!!

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
Well, that was a long, tough day and I was only dotwatching! :laugh:

Daughter Rose has made it to CP1 but not without having to dig very deep. Left Usk at 6:30 ish and headed into Wales proper. Late morning met her sister who is on a walking holiday, and admitted to her that she was having a bad day, struggling, but she pushed on.

Had to be at CP1 by 8:00 this morning to be eligible for a finish time, and nothing for it but to ride deep into the night. Finally got there at 1:00 this morning. She’s still in it.

one problem she has is that she’s Coeliac, and finding suitable food at random shops is not so easy. Garage forecourt pies and sandwiches are out, limited selection at any supermarket she can find. but she has to get on with it.

some nice photos here :
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSo0SYisYlB/?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited:
OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
PS I think it’s only 29 riders that have made the cutoff at CP1. I guess the rest will continue just for sh*ts and giggles, but won’t get an official finish time. Not sure.

4 have pulled out, including Liam Yates, hit a dog, hurt himself.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Well, that was a long, tough day and I was only dotwatching! :laugh:

Daughter Rose has made it to CP1 but not without having to dig very deep. Left Usk at 6:30 ish and headed into Wales proper. Late morning met her sister who is on a walking holiday, and admitted to her that she was having a bad day, struggling, but she pushed on.

Had to be at CP1 by 8:00 this morning to be eligible for a finish time, and nothing for it but to ride deep into the night. Finally got there at 1:00 this morning. She’s still in it.

She is an absolute star - well done Rose.

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
Something amiss with her spot gps device, I think. It burst back into life later afternoon. She’s not that far from Chester (40km) where she’ll stop for the night, will be after midnight though.

Rode/walked/crawled for 18 hours yesterda, will be over 16 today. Frankly, I don’t see how anyone can sustain this but we‘ll see!

One of her mates quit today, Issy Hill. Vomitin made continuing impossible. Her riding partner Lucy missed the cut-off but is continuing anyway. Top girl!

Last edited:
Top Bottom