GCN+ Gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another thing I've noticed about the Discovery+ app is that it's a bit dumb.

Most internet experiences these days are highly personalised, with offers of similar products to ones you've chosen in the past.

Not so D+. Despite the fact that the only thing I ever use it for is cycling, it still always greets me with suggestions of football or American TV series I've never heard of. Never cycling. And I have to click click click through it's clunky menus to get to the cycling.

Yes - frustrating. I literally only watch cycling on it so I'd love to be able to set it to show just that when I open it up but it doesn't work like that as yet.

Mike_P

Guru
Discovered a timeline on Discovery+ on a LG TV playing back Liège-Bastogne-Liège.
Brings up the pause fast forward etc but then pressing the right key twice takes it the first of two buttons. Accepting on that brings up various graphics which if one is the moved to it states the point of coverage i.e one is Col du Rosier and another is Pogs solo attack

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Discovered a timeline on Discovery+ on a LG TV playing back Liège-Bastogne-Liège.
Brings up the pause fast forward etc but then pressing the right key twice takes it the first of two buttons. Accepting on that brings up various graphics which if one is the moved to it states the point of coverage i.e one is Col du Rosier and another is Pogs solo attack

I don't really understand that but I will try frantically pressing random buttons and see if anything happens like graphics or smoke comes out of the telly.

tarric

Über Member
I don't really understand that but I will try frantically pressing random buttons and see if anything happens like graphics or smoke comes out of the telly.
If you are watching catch-up on TV, if you press the pause, fastforward/rewind it brings up this, personnaly I use pause.
Screenshot (63).png

each little square is a highlight point, you can then use the up down left and right scroll buttons to highlight them and jump to that point.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I got it working!

I realised that I hadn't done any casting to my new TV so I tried setting up Chromecast again and that did the trick.
But... the picture quality was really poor! (Tour of the Alps.)

I have since watched the Ardennes classics and they looked great. Was the TotA broadcast in SD instead of HD?!! :wacko:

Oh, and it took several attempts today to cast the Women's L-B-L to the TV so it looks like there IS something iffy going on with casting content but it does work... eventually!

Alex321

Veteran
If you are watching catch-up on TV, if you press the pause, fastforward/rewind it brings up this, personnaly I use pause.
View attachment 728487

each little square is a highlight point, you can then use the up down left and right scroll buttons to highlight them and jump to that point.

You have the same if watching catchup on your computer. The box with the vthree circles under it allows you to hide that.

I find that the timeline often contains spoilers, so I don't like having it there.

Top Bottom