GCN+ Gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldShep

Über Member
I wish it was April 1st. I’ve really enjoyed my years with GCN+. It’s been great value.

Adam4868

Guru
Gutted....how am I going to get by at work 😭
Screenshot_20231115-115357.png

Wow, that's disappointing. I liked having a GCN+ sub, even though the races will be available on Discovery+, having them ad-free was ace. Some of their documentaries were excellent too - but I guess they were just not making any money... :sad:

scragend

Looks like the 6-7 months left of my subs is gone.

As in the e-mail, you *should* get a refund of the unused portion of the subs.

It is a shame, I was a subscriber and enjoyed watching all the racing as well as the documentaries.

Alex321

Veteran
That is annoying. I had seen the email just before seeing this post.

I have been subscribed for a couple of years and watched a lot of the racing, plus quite a few of the documentaries.

It does say you will get a refund for any remaining subscription.

I'll have to download any of the documentaries I would like to watch but haven't seen yet. And it will be back to only seeing the major races that are shown on ITV4 :sad: I will miss seeing the one day classics and the more minor stage races, not having a subscription to either Discovery+ or to Eurosport.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Big shame.

The only streaming service that I actually was happy paying for, and would have paid more for.

(Edit - just checked and I haven't had an email. I'm hoping that they are keeping it going secretly for a select few, of which I'm one)

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Is this the end of GCN or the incorporation into mainstream media?
I presume the later. Sad day guess more adverts I expect...

Hasn’t it just migrated across to discovery+ as part of a consolidation process to offer all of Play Sports through one platform ran by Warner Bros?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That is annoying. I had seen the email just before seeing this post.

I have been subscribed for a couple of years and watched a lot of the racing, plus quite a few of the documentaries.

It does say you will get a refund for any remaining subscription.

I'll have to download any of the documentaries I would like to watch but haven't seen yet. And it will be back to only seeing the major races that are shown on ITV4 :sad: I will miss seeing the one day classics and the more minor stage races, not having a subscription to either Discovery+ or to Eurosport.

Its pretty much the same content on Disc+ though isnt it, just accessed thru a different app. GCN had a bit more online content I think.

Just take your refund and subscribe to Disc+ instead.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Is this the end of GCN or the incorporation into mainstream media?
I presume the later. Sad day guess more adverts I expect...

Just the GCN+, not GCN itself. The video (at 40 sec) says "In Europe GCN+ subscribers can continue to watch live cycling and will have the option to access Discovery Plus". I'm not sure how that will work out. Buy a new subscription? GCN+ sub rolled into Discovery+?

I guess that the parent Mega Media Corp or whoever it is couldn't see sense in a little app that actually competed with some of their other services.

Edit. According to this:
https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19965721079697

"You can subscribe to the discovery+ Standard plan to continue watching cycling events together with can't-miss entertainment. " So no, the GCN+ sub does not roll into Discovery+ It just stops and if you want to buy Discovery+ Standard (£6.99 per month) you can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom