GCN+ Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
So I have a smart TV (Sony Bravia) with GCN+ installed but it’s really juddery. I have 900mb internet and the TV says that Wi-Fi strength is excellent. Sat in front of the TV with GCN on my iPad it’s smooth as anything. Obviously I would prefer to watch racing on a large TV compared to the iPad. Does anyone have any ideas? I can of course watch Eurosport but a. It’s got ads and b. I paid for GCN.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Juddery sounds like the picture is breaking up? Can you try an Ethernet cable to the TV? My Toshiba is quite old so I use a chrome cast device which seems to work well on the Wi-Fi .

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Juddery sounds like the picture is breaking up? Can you try an Ethernet cable to the TV? My Toshiba is quite old so I use a chrome cast device which seems to work well on the Wi-Fi .

I’ve got a couple of powerlines kicking about somewhere that I could try.

I wonder if using an old fire stick I have would help

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The iPad is almost certainly using 5 GHz if possible. Does the TV do 5 GHz or is it on the more congested 2.4 GHz?

Power line would take that out of the equation.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Well that’s strange. After your comment I thought of course it’s connected to 2.4 but I just checked and it isn’t. It is connected to 5ghz but is getting a fluctuating speed with a max of 1.5mbs. I’ve made it high priority but no difference. Will dig out my powerlines

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I tend to use ethernet with the telly. Just been watching The Giro in full HD on my phone whilst in Spain, which is mad.

Anything clogging up the wifi ?

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
I tend to use ethernet with the telly. Just been watching The Giro in full HD on my phone whilst in Spain, which is mad.

Anything clogging up the wifi ?

No. Wi-Fi analyser is showing reasonable use. Most if my power use (two laptops and the Mac) haven’t been used today. It’s something weird between the telly and the router. Will try the power lines for tomorrow’s stage

fossyant

No. Wi-Fi analyser is showing reasonable use. Most if my power use (two laptops and the Mac) haven’t been used today. It’s something weird between the telly and the router. Will try the power lines for tomorrow’s stage

Delete app and re-install (like tonight not tomorrow). Just did that with GCN on my phone as I needed to renew.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Delete app and re-install (like tonight not tomorrow). Just did that with GCN on my phone as I needed to renew.

yep will give that a go

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well that’s strange. After your comment I thought of course it’s connected to 2.4 but I just checked and it isn’t. It is connected to 5ghz but is getting a fluctuating speed with a max of 1.5mbs. I’ve made it high priority but no difference. Will dig out my powerlines
5 is shorter range than 2.4.

Maybe it's the wrong phase of the moon. 😉

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
5 is shorter range than 2.4.

Maybe it's the wrong phase of the moon. 😉

It’s about 8ft from a Synology router (although there is a wall) 🙁. Think I’m digging out the power lines, I’ve got a feeling I didn’t think I needed them anymore and binned them. I’ve paid for GCN+ and goddammit I’m going to watch cycling 😀

fossyant

It’s about 8ft from a Synology router (although there is a wall) 🙁. Think I’m digging out the power lines, I’ve got a feeling I didn’t think I needed them anymore and binned them. I’ve paid for GCN+ and goddammit I’m going to watch cycling 😀

Stick a 'flat' cable under the carpet.

Top Bottom