GCSE DT Coursework

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Manaswi

Regular
You need to focus question 2 and 6. I presume you're asking them in respect to your design and that's how I've answered them but that's not clear.
Thank you, I will try to make my questions more detailed :smile:

icowden

Veteran
@Manaswi congratulations on being polite enough to post replies and accept suggestions. Believe me that happens a lot less than you would think (hence the cynicism at the start of this topic).

It might be useful to decide whether your focus is on commuting, leisure riding or touring. Luggage requirements are going to vary hugely depending on the focus. Remember that some of us live in the countryside. If I'm off to work I'm carrying a lot of stuff compared to when I'm out for a nice leisure ride. If you are touring you will be in another storage league again (e.g. front and back panniers, rucksack etc). Anyway - I did the survey.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
yes, but I wanted to design something that the cyclist doesn't have to wear and could be attached to the bike instead.
it's always worth considering how easy it will be to remove from the bike. Nobody likes faffing with awkward straps. Also bear in mind the various types of brake & gear cable runs and different bikes; some go through the insides of the frame, some run under the down tube, some over the top tube, so ideally, your fastenings shouldn't be hindering any of these.

Good luck with your project.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Best of luck with the project. I've filled it in.

One feature that's important to me is how easy it is to get to stuff. With deep wedge bags the thing you want is always right at the bottom. That's why I like my rack pack so much, as the top opens up and I can get to pretty much all the contents by rummaging around rather than having to unpack everything.

OP
OP
M

Manaswi

Regular
@Manaswi congratulations on being polite enough to post replies and accept suggestions. Believe me that happens a lot less than you would think (hence the cynicism at the start of this topic).

It might be useful to decide whether your focus is on commuting, leisure riding or touring. Luggage requirements are going to vary hugely depending on the focus. Remember that some of us live in the countryside. If I'm off to work I'm carrying a lot of stuff compared to when I'm out for a nice leisure ride. If you are touring you will be in another storage league again (e.g. front and back panniers, rucksack etc). Anyway - I did the survey.
That was really helpful. I will include that in my survey. Thank you x

OP
OP
M

Manaswi

Regular
Best of luck with the project. I've filled it in.

One feature that's important to me is how easy it is to get to stuff. With deep wedge bags the thing you want is always right at the bottom. That's why I like my rack pack so much, as the top opens up and I can get to pretty much all the contents by rummaging around rather than having to unpack everything.
That's great, thank you :smile:

OP
OP
M

Manaswi

Regular
it's always worth considering how easy it will be to remove from the bike. Nobody likes faffing with awkward straps. Also bear in mind the various types of brake & gear cable runs and different bikes; some go through the insides of the frame, some run under the down tube, some over the top tube, so ideally, your fastenings shouldn't be hindering any of these.

Good luck with your project.
Yes, I was thinking of using Velcro or making a plastic clip that attaches to the bike using acrylic.

Top Bottom