GCSE results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Just me with a child getting their results today???
Well, I'm pleased to say little miss no2 of 6 passed them all.
Mostly A's and B's, a C in maths we can live with and an A*in RS just to spite me.
She even got an A in IT when the whole school were doomed to fail, again, thanks to the inability of the staff to actually teach the subject.
Just waiting to hear what the expected damage to my bank balance will be -she's angling for new GHD's.

Octet

Veteran
Congratulations to your child, I bet she is thrilled!

I got mine today, an A* in IT, 6 A's, 3 B's and a C in French, but then again my languages is shocking!
Sixth Form here we come!

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Congrats to you too Octet (just said that earlier on "Your ride today" but no harm saying it twice)
She's off to sixth form too.

Bairn got his today, Distinction in level 2 Btec Sports:wahhey: ,B in Maths:highfive: , 2 grade c science papers. IT and key skills. Let down with 2 D's in Eng(lang. +Lit) despite being on course for a C.

Just had him into college to see if he can still attend due to the English result and all the college staff where up in arms over the grading of the Eng. papers by AQA.

So he has been enrolled to take level 3 Sport and development, along with rugby development (sport, not the town) and will have to take Eng lang again for the 1st year before switching to higher level Maths with IT. (unless the the Eng. results are looked at by whoever in light of the national storm.)

He knows he tossed it off a bit at school but I am proud of him for pulling his finger out the last 6 months especially in his Maths, just sorry for him not getting the result in Eng with the amount of effort he did put in at the end. Still college beckons and I am sure he will devote his time when studying his passion (sport and rugby in particular.)

Octet

Veteran
Just had him into college to see if he can still attend due to the English result and all the college staff where up in arms over the grading of the Eng. papers by AQA.

I saw this on the news, I think they are going to be re-marking them on the older system again although don't quote me on that.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Congratulations to all those with success, but it looks like these things expire. I have a friend who is a 'mature' student and she was told her english language O level was too old and she'd have to do the gcse before she could get on to a degree course at uni.

postman

Legendary Member
Proud Dad here in Leeds. Two A* 8 A's one B Distinction in ICT.and merit in P.E.
Going out for a meal to celebrate.

e-rider

crappy member
It's good to see that finally the standard has remained the same over two consecutive years. Hopefully this will remain the same in years to come so that one years' results can be accurately compared to another years' results. Back in 1988 when GCSEs were introduced it was rare to get a grade A - only the absolute geeks would get a few - now a large number of kids get a whole string of them!

Anyway, well done to all those 16 year olds that have secured themselves a chance of a bright future today - keep up the good work for your A levels.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Congratulations to those getting their results today, in our house it was just some modules rather than whole GCSE's. It's rather hard on No 2, having to follow in the footsteps of a brighter elder sibling, so she was initially disappointed with her results. A collection of B's mostly, though only a C in the English Lit which she thought she was much better at. She was also grumpy about her RE result, though the teacher stopped as she passed our garden (she lives 3 doors away!), to congratulate her and point out that it was her expected grade. I'm pleased with it - she certainly puts in more effort than the eldest!

Top Bottom