G'day from Vienna, Austria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KangaByke

Regular
Stumbled across this forum via a google search, format looks awesome! So great to see the diversity of people networking & sharing their cycling experiences.
Retired Australian based in Vienna, cruising about Austria on a Dutch Gazelle Orange C8 HMB. Capturing adventures with the help of a DJI OSMO Action.

:welcome: from West Devon! Definitely some lumpy bits in Austria!

Ah! Vienna!
It was the destination of my first ever bike tour and I arrived exhausted, cooked, frustrated, a little bemused by all the nakedness along the river and ravenously hungry.
I then had the most wonderful night exploring a city that has real soul. One of the most charming, romantic places I've ever been.

Welcome aboard!

OP
OP
KangaByke

KangaByke

Regular
Ah! Vienna!
It was the destination of my first ever bike tour and I arrived exhausted, cooked, frustrated, a little bemused by all the nakedness along the river and ravenously hungry.
I then had the most wonderful night exploring a city that has real soul. One of the most charming, romantic places I've ever been.

Welcome aboard!

LOL thanks for the greeting! yep ... and I think the same nakedness that was there 30 years ago, some of it might still be there today. Austria has done well with bicycle infrastructure accomodating the enthusiast right through to the extremist. Feel very fortunate to be able to enjoy the trails here.

OP
OP
KangaByke

KangaByke

Regular
Welcome. Also a fan of Austria and Vienna! You're such a lucky chap.

LOL Thx Cathryn, not so lucky though when the whiskers begin to freeze over on the pedalo the winter

OP
OP
KangaByke

KangaByke

Regular
I hired a bike after getting cultural overload in Vienna. Pootling around the city centre soon cured me.

New word for me "pootling" LOL, on your next trip try the canal path out to the Carlsberg or the Donauinsel (Danube Island)

Top Bottom