G'day Mate from Frosty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frosty

G'day mate,

I'm Frosty from Dowm Under, in particular the Bike Vic Forum Riders team.
After reading Auntie Helen's comments, I thought that I might come over to see what's happening on the other side of the world.

What's all this white stuff that's laying on the ground. I have been to the snow once in my life about 45 years ago, and that was a day trip to our nearest snowfield.

I started riding again about 10 years ago on a MTB, that suits my style better than a Road bike. I ride for enjoyment only and in Melbourne we are spoilt with the amount of bike paths that we have available, something like 3,000kms. They are magic.

I have been a member of the Bike Victoria Forum since 2004ish, currently I am one of the moderators there. Come and have a look, we don't bite.. http://www.bv.com.au/forums/index.php xx(

This challenge that Auntie Helen started has got everyone's competitive juices flowing. There's nothing like a bit of international rivalry.

I have just ridden 602kms for January, this has been my largest monthly distance, excluding organised rides like the Great Victorian Bike Rides which average about 550kms over 8 days.

I used to work for the National Australia Bank for 35years, until in their wisdom, they outsourced my finance area to India and I was retrenched. The best thing that has ever happened to me, my wife and I bought a caravan and between April and October each year, we tour Australia, usually heading up North to the warmer areas. This year we leave on 7th April and head over to Western Australia then over to Queensland and then back home to Melbourne, only about 20,000kms.

Anyway, I have bored you enough. If I haven't then check out our website in my signature.

cheers. Wayne.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Welcome - I wouldn't mind some temperatures that managed to get to 5 or above ... I don't think I can put on any more layers - I look like michelin man:cold:. The idea of doing any rides for pleasure at the moment just doesn't appeal.

bauldbairn

:biggrin: :bicycle: :cheers:

Welcome to the CC Forum Frosty - from now fully thawed out central Scotland. :smile:

Only saw snow once in your life eh! :biggrin: Lucky you, the temperature in my area just now is hovering around 4 degrees Celcius after being down in the -20's.:cold:

Sorry to hear about your job - outsourcing is effecting a lot of us here in the UK as well.:angry: It's good that you're making the most of it.:smile: Those caravan trips sound daunting(20K :eek:).

Hopefully we'll see some posts from you soon? :biggrin:

All the best to you!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
G'day yer sel :biggrin:

Well up here it is mid winter, so enjoy your km advantage while you can, as soon as the ice thaws we will be piling on the distance... :biggrin:

OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

My surname is Frost.:ohmy:

Top Bottom