Gear Calculator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
wow, that's cool.
Cheers.

Pauluk

Thanks John. May be useful one day if I have to change my cogs and or chain rings. Can see how it works but not sure about some of the functionality. Only had a very quick look but why are some of the triangles greyed out in the top window and why does it jump about when you move the cursor around. Probably me being thick and just a bit tired :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sound very noobish but what is this for?
Helps you to work out how far per revoultion you will travel or how fast you can go at any given rpm with the gears you have.
You can also use them to work out gear ratios for a different geared bike, eg moving from a compact double with a 50/34 to a racing 53/39 you could work out waht gears you might need at the back to get you up hills etc for the same effort .
I use sheldon browns version....
http://sheldonbrown.com/gears/internal.html

Dags11

Thanks for posting, John

Jdratcliffe

why are some of the triangles greyed out in the top window and why does it jump about when you move the cursor around.

to answer your q's in order
the greyed out ones are chain at max strech so guess not "recommended" when you move the gears in the middle the triangles move to re calculate the chain step % and the speeds

Top Bottom