Gel Bib Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iendicott

Can anyone recomend a decent pair of Bib Shorts with Gel inserts on the sit bone ?

I can shell out about aorund £100 which is the cost of a decent saddle for the road bike.

Want shorts as then I won't have to buy 2 saddles, one for the road bike and one for the hybrid.

Any help or recomendations are appreciated. :smile:

Ivan

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Castelli Free Aero Race Bib Short - from Ribble or Wiggle as the shorts have the new Progetto X2 pad which is awesome (same as Castelli Body paint shorts). You get different colours to match your style. ProBikeKit also do their exclusive Castelli Forte Bib Shorts with the same pad so may also be worth a look
Links:
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...astelli-Bib-shorts-Free-Aero-Race/CASTZBBS135
and
http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C2804

Dinks

Two bikes with different saddles? Get a pair of dhb bib shorts and one new saddle so that the saddles are the same. I have ridden many saddles with a variety of shorts. The saddle is usually more important than the shorts. I always have the same/similar type of saddle on my variety of bikes. Sit bones like the familiarity.

OP
OP
iendicott

iendicott

I got my sit bones measured up and they are 135cm from point to point which is a standard width, the seat on my scott should be fine but the lady did say that a decent pair of short's and a 2 degree slope on the saddle should help out alot.

She showed me some "Endura Equipe Bibshort "Criterium" " which are padded very well and use the same honeycombe padding technique as Assos, to be honest when I tried the Endura and Assos on is was very difficult to tell them apart.

I know what people say about Assos and yes they are good but the Endura was just as good.

Has anyone else got the Endura shorts ?

Ivan

Tynan

Veteran
I think I have them, (slightly second hand from this fine site), I wear them every ride bar winter and find them lovely, they're very smart and well made too

Top Bottom