Gel padded bib shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
What are they, you need to be a member to see. You'll also need to wait a long time for delivery and pay for returns if no good. I'd stick with Wiggle. Or look at Sigma sport to see if they have any higher end brands on sale (also free returns via Collect + )

zizou

Veteran
Bib shorts are like saddles in that what is good for one person might be poor for another.

I dont get on with dhb. The pad coverage / density (or lack of it) doesnt suit my position on the bike. For under £50 id go for Lusso they are decent value for the price

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep, lots of the pro teams use Santini...only a small and an XL, Santini will come up small like all Italian brands I would think (check their size guide)

Tojo

Über Member
The mens DHB stuff is normally good for sizes, I'm taller & bigger than the average cyclist :blush: but nearly always the DHB stuff is spot of for sizing, except one top i ordered in XXL that was more like an actual M :angry: Gore do some very nice looking stuff, but according to their sizing charts the men's stuff would be too small for me :sad:

I ordered Small in dhb Roubaix Bib tights and they were too big, I ended up having to buy XS 3/4 ones instead.......:crazy:

OP
OP
S

skizxi

Regular
Cheers guys. Bought santini in a XL and they are too small. No xxl on offer so just ordered dhb. Their XL is slightly bigger on their sizing chart. Also bought a jersey but had to go for a XXL.

The trouble i have with all the sizing charts for shorts is that the thigh size is always too small for the waist size. For example. I'm a 34 waist and a 26 thigh. 34 waist is usually M/L and a 26 thigh is a XXL.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The trouble i have with all the sizing charts for shorts is that the thigh size is always too small for the waist size. For example. I'm a 34 waist and a 26 thigh. 34 waist is usually M/L and a 26 thigh is a XXL.
I have that trouble with normal clothes. Desperately need some new jeans, but cant get a waist size that fits my waist & my thighs :sad: either baggy waist, or tight thighs :blush: Would imagine cycling shorts would have enough give on the thighs though

Top Bottom