Genesis CDF 20 - any issues?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digit

Considering a Genesis CDF 20, other than weight (still lighter than my current bike) are there any other
possible issues to consider?

Cheers
Digit

Err, unless you really want steel I dont think there is anything else in that price range. If not, I would also consider the planet x london road and kaffenback (as that is probably closest to the Cdf).

Also being uncertain of your requirements I would also throw the boardman cx in the mix, as they are pretty decent.

OP
OP
D

digit

I'm not necessarily after steel ... something that will take wider tyres up to 30-40 ish, mud guards and possibly rack. Tiagra or better.
Just heard that steel is less harsh a ride compared with alloy.

Cheers

outlash

also available in orange
Steel is a slightly softer ride generally, whether you'll notice it on the larger tyres you're looking for is debatable. Certainly my aluminium 'crosser isn't harsh with 35c tyres on road. CdF's are lovely bikes.

I have the day one and love it as a bike. I rate the Genesis range. I think @vickster has an Equilibrium and likes that. I nearly bought a CDF 20 in the sale early this year but not a fan of the all white one they had.

vickster

Legendary Member
Equilibrium is a roadbike, don't think it'll take anything bigger than a 28mm, possibly 25mm

Very comfortable ride even on 23s as mine is

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
I have a Planet X London Road and my wife has a Croix de Fer 20. The steel Genesis is a bit heavier, but very well finished. Guards and rack fitted no problem and decent spec kit. When she was looking to buy, she found the steel frames more comfortable than aluminium riding over Edinburgh cobbles.
My London Road was built up from a frame and a collection of old and new parts, so not really a direct comparison.

OP
OP
D

digit

Thanks all for your comments. I think the CDF 20 is an option.

another option ...... like a kid in a sweet shop .... would buy a few if I had the money^_^

Cheers

Top Bottom