Genesis Day One Cross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fleetey

Veteran

Hi,

Just taken delivery of my Genesis Day One Cross that I bought in the EBC Easter sale.

Looks good so far - will post pictures/opinions if anyone is thinking of getting one.
:angry:

Waspie

Über Member
I've got one on order as well. Can't wait.

colinr

The linked pedals don't come with cleats though, better off getting them for £18.49 with cleats at CRC (unless you don't need the cleats of course).

Back to the bike, looks rather dashing, especially that orange.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Nice looking bike. I prefer the straight-bar version, although I like the orange colour. Not sure about the v-brakes though. I though cyclo-cross bikes traditionally had centre-pull brakes. I wonder how white looking that bar tape would be after your first cyclo-cross.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Yep, that's my N+1 on my shopping list, the brakes are mini v's but with mid length arms which allow the greater clearance but still use of standard pull levers....they would work with STI/Ergo as well.

I love the orange and think the bike looks great, finally saw one in the flesh last week and wasn't disappointed.

any idea on total weight?

djb1971

Legendary Member
That's a beauty. i went to buy one last week but came home with something different!

I was looking at one yesterday hanging in the window of Sideways Cycles. I've just got to sneak it past the wife but I think she'd notice bright orange.......

Have you used it off road yet?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
That looks wicked.

OP
OP
fleetey

fleetey

Veteran
Not used off road (or on for that matter!) yet - waiting for my pedals to be delivered! The bike comes with pedals/toeclips etc but after a new pair od clipless ones.

Weight seems to be about 9.75kg - found a review of the bike on the genesis site that gives the weight. Feels a very nice weight - looking forward to trying it out!

Waspie

Über Member
Yellow Fang said:
Not sure about the v-brakes though. I though cyclo-cross bikes traditionally had centre-pull brakes. I wonder how white looking that bar tape would be after your first cyclo-cross.

I was surprised how powerful the brakes were when I went for a test ride, nearly put myself over the bars. Hopefully they are ok in muddy/wet conditions too.

I suspect the bar tape and saddle will look manky pretty quickly!

Waspie

Über Member
Collected the bike today and went out for my first proper ride.

Very impressed. Although never having a single-speed bike before I've not got much to compare it against.
Seems pretty stable, nice and comfy. Conti Speed King tyres were fine in the dry, suspect they may not be so good in the wet.
Might be a wee bit overgeared for hilly off-road stuff but that would be easily sorted.

Pleased with it so far. :biggrin:

Top Bottom