Genesis Equilibrium project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
Newly acquired (2nd hand) Genesis Equilibrium frame just arrived for my latest project

20150605_130207_zpsjo3nt8uv.jpg

It came with headset, bars, stem, seatpost, saddle, front mech, rear mech (jockey wheels missing) & seat clamp.

The build will probably take me a while and be done when funds allow but I will update here as I go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
About time I posted some progress!

Due to my CX bike not selling I decided to strip it and use some of the components for this build, currently waiting for bottom bracket, cables (or outers) and bar tape to enable me to get to a bike I'm able to ride!

20150716_203051_zpsndu766oy.jpg

I have a black Shimano 105 chainset waiting to go on and I will change the tyres to plain black and wider 25c with a bit more puncture protection than the Rubino Slicks that are fitted at present. Trying to go for a red & black build so in time i will probably also swap the front mech for a 105 black :smile:.

My first steel bike, really looking forward to the maiden voyage now.

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Almost there now!

Tyres on, BB and Chainset on, Brakes on, cables all in and everything adjusted.

Now need to tape down cables to bars and wrap them with bar tape, fit pedals, adjust my position and I will be ready to ride. Apologies for poor picture, it's getting late! Hope I get it all finished tomorrow and ride it to work early next week :-)

20150726_000919_zpsmpacktjk.jpg

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Finished and ridden in today, all I can say is WOW. First time I have ridden a steel bike and everything I've read is correct - so smooth! I will try and get a finished article piccy later!

Top Bottom