Genesis recalls forks on three 2015 bike models

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S.Giles

I wonder what 'long-term durability concerns' really means. Dodgy welds?

No immediate risk, no failures and chose to replace for free. Yet customers are asked to "urgently" contact their dealers. I also like the replacing free bit.

“While there is no immediate risk to safety and there have been no reported failures, we have chosen to recall these forks and to replace them, free of charge, with a brand new fork.

“Customers who have bought these models should urgently contact the authorised Genesis dealer where they bought their bike or frameset to have a replacement fork fitted free of charge.”

S.Giles

Even for premium brands like BMW or Jaguar, product recalls are not unheard of. You do have to wonder about the legitimacy of the design and manufacturing process though, when it can result in something that isn't even entirely safe.

outlash

also available in orange
No immediate risk, no failures and chose to replace for free. Yet customers are asked to "urgently" contact their dealers. I also like the replacing free bit.

“While there is no immediate risk to safety and there have been no reported failures, we have chosen to recall these forks and to replace them, free of charge, with a brand new fork.

“Customers who have bought these models should urgently contact the authorised Genesis dealer where they bought their bike or frameset to have a replacement fork fitted free of charge.”

I don't understand where the problem is? What are you trying to say?

Top Bottom