Genesis Smithfield Bridge - Nexus Alfine 8 - Medium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
A beautiful, split top tube, hub-geared, steel do-it-all machine!

This has been my partners bike and has not been ridden in ~6 months (She's become quite fond of my CdF instead!). Rather than let it sit gathering dust I'd love for it to find a loving home.

It's had a curious life, I rescued it from a well to do student who had dutifully had the front wheel and mudguards nicked whilst studying in Cambridge. I sourced a Shimano front wheel and Continental Cross King 35c tyres to make sure it was still nimble but capable of taking the canal routes all year round. The nexus 8 hub is smooth as butter and the owner will take great delight in being able to change gear at traffic lights without the wheels moving! Its all but maintenance free and gives an equivalent range of 12-38, or so I'm told. There are paint chips on the top tube and signs of use all round. Cable operated (and very effective!) disk brakes.

We've used it for pub commuting, canal days out, and we've loaded it up for long weekend touring. It's a really comfortable and capable machine with a relaxed geometry and super long wheelbase.

The pictured rack is unfortunately not included within the sale. Comes with basic pedals.

Size is medium and comfortable for heights 5'2 to 5'10 give or take the shoes you're wearing.

Logistics of deal to be discussed depending on govt advice in the following days but we're based in Littleborough.

So if you want a maintenance free, super comfortable, do anything bike, let me know!

£300 for a reasonably pacy sale as I've got my eyes on something!

Attachments

• IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 9

vickster

Legendary Member
This looks a good option for @macp quirky commuter if it fits? 👍

and I’d like the yellow eq! ^_^

dhd.evans

Veteran
I really, really like the look of this. Wife would love it. £300 is bang on price for it but I doubt she'll go for it!

dhd.evans

Veteran
I mean, I can include a rear rack if it's a deal breaker? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She's one of those non-bike types; "You paid what for a pair of wheels?!? That's almost as much as our car". For her Halfrauds is the gold standard for bike buying. That said, i will get her to look in and record the reaction for you! :laugh:

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She's one of those non-bike types; "You paid what for a pair of wheels?!? That's almost as much as our car". For her Halfrauds is the gold standard for bike buying. That said, i will get her to look in and record the reaction for you! :laugh:

Terms required for positive response; Classy, Delightfully British, NO MAINTENANCE, wicker basket, leisurely ride to the restaurant, More time together/less time together, delete as appropriate.

Top Bottom