1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genesis Vapour

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Mister Paul, 6 Jan 2008.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Anyone ever ridden one?

I know this is commuting and not cyclocross, but I'm considering a crosser for my next commute bike, and this got a mention in C+. It's a pretty good price, but as with some of the other brands (like Kona) the dealerships are pretty spread out.

2. I thought it was something to do with your cold.:evil:

3. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

planning to get the Tricross shortly, hopefully, think the Vapour is a like for like

think cycle surgery stock both

4. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Thanks. I know. I like the look of it. Now I want to know what it feels like.

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

a mate uses a kona cross bike for commuting, touring and rides... and to be honest, it just seems so logical because it's an all rounder and it's so robust

Think he has a couple of wheelsets he changes for when he wants different tyre sizes

6. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Is there not a ridgeback dealership nearby?

7. Like the look of it myself.

8. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Not according to the Genesis website.

On your Bike used to do them. Last time I was looking I rang and asked whether they still did. The guy said "Well...er....mmmmm.......er......yea.....hmmmm......er..............no". They were an authorised dealer at the time.

9. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

I have the no-longer made Genesis Day 06, which is a roadbike, but I have been very very happy with her. My only gripe is that the reach is longer than I would like, but that is my fault for buying a 56cm frame not a 54cm.