1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genesis Vapour

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Mister Paul, 6 Jan 2008.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Anyone ever ridden one?

I know this is commuting and not cyclocross, but I'm considering a crosser for my next commute bike, and this got a mention in C+. It's a pretty good price, but as with some of the other brands (like Kona) the dealerships are pretty spread out.

2. I thought it was something to do with your cold.:evil:

3. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

planning to get the Tricross shortly, hopefully, think the Vapour is a like for like

think cycle surgery stock both

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Thanks. I know. I like the look of it. Now I want to know what it feels like.

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

a mate uses a kona cross bike for commuting, touring and rides... and to be honest, it just seems so logical because it's an all rounder and it's so robust

Think he has a couple of wheelsets he changes for when he wants different tyre sizes

6. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Is there not a ridgeback dealership nearby?

7. Like the look of it myself.

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Not according to the Genesis website.

On your Bike used to do them. Last time I was looking I rang and asked whether they still did. The guy said "Well...er....mmmmm.......er......yea.....hmmmm......er..............no". They were an authorised dealer at the time.

9. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

I have the no-longer made Genesis Day 06, which is a roadbike, but I have been very very happy with her. My only gripe is that the reach is longer than I would like, but that is my fault for buying a 56cm frame not a 54cm.