Gent-Wevelgem (Spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's good to see Friere has got a race win in the bag again. It seems the race was good and doing the Kemmelberg from a different direction seems to have prevented the usual crashes.

mondobongo

Über Member
Was a good race with a bit of drama will they wont they stay away. Thought O'Grady was going to have a serious pop at one point but looks like he was stretching his legs for Sunday, as were Quickstep who looked pretty strong and played their cards close to the chest one to watch on Sunday is definitely going to be Boonen.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was hoping Cav would get in the mix but never got a look in. Hammond finished in front of him in the end.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cyclingnews said he got boxed but can you really see him doing anything in the P_R though?

I hope I'm wrong though.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cav wimped out basically. He said it was too dangerous and didn't sprint. Maybe that was a sensible decision, maybe not. But he also made some rather silly comments about people who aren't sprinters sprinting which seems to get very close to the saying that people should get out of the way for him. It is a race. So long as you don't do anything that is against the rules, you do what you can to win. No-one has any special right to contest a sprint. He still needs to do a little growing up. But he will.

I thought (reading between the lines) that Cav was making the point that people who do not know how to sprint safely should not contest the bunch sprint - it didn't come across as 'make way for me' when I read it.

Keith Oates said:
It's good to see Friere has got a race win in the bag again. It seems the race was good and doing the Kemmelberg from a different direction seems to have prevented the usual crashes.

it was the usual direction, but they added a tarmac section after the top to divert off the worst part of the cobbled descent. it looked they were going down a path in a park as it was pretty narrow. did the job though.

Top Bottom