Genuine Hugh Porter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Some time ago I bought a bike which was advertised as a Hugh Porter. At the time I researched the Marque and came across a site which listed all the frame numbers and where known, the whereabouts of the bikes. Unfortunately I am unable to find that site now, but I do remember that the frame number of my bike (4426) fits in nicely with the series. As I have no documentation to prove the bike is a genuine Hugh Porter I was wondering if anyone out there has a similar model to compare it with. My bike at some time has been resprayed rather crudely and H/P Decals applied. I intend to have the frame professionally refinished but would like to be sure in my mind that it is a genuine Hugh Porter bike before I go any further. I don't use the bike a great deal but when I do I find it to be a great bike to ride.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I can't help you with information, but it looks a cracking bike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don’t know anything about Porter bikes but In all likelihood it’s the real deal. If someone wanted to produce a a fake and sell it they would pick one of the better known marques. Why go to the trouble of faking a Porter with it’s more limited appeal?
BTW nice bike.:smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
I don’t know anything about Porter bikes but In all likelihood it’s the real deal. If someone wanted to produce a a fake and sell it they would pick one of the better known marques. Why go to the trouble of faking a Porter with it’s more limited appeal?
BTW nice bike.:smile:

That is more or less what I am thinking, I think I am just looking for confirmation

Top Bottom