Genuinely nice guy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't believe the last few weeks I've had. I bought a nice (but old) aluminium bike off a colleague about 18 months ago - I really love the bike and had it as my N+1 that I took out at weekends. To be honest he really 'gave' it to me as it was worth quite a bit but he only wanted £200 for it - Colnago frame with entry level Campagnolo set up (with a carbon seat post!)...most happy!

I had been umming and ahhhing over the last few months and decided that I wanted to change the set up to something a bit more refined. When I spoke to the guy he said that he had a used set of Dura-ace shifters, set of Dura-ace mechs and Ultegra brakes that I could have for £75. I jumped at this as it was a major bargain.

When we were moving the parts over he said that he really wanted a winter bike and that he wouldn't mind the Colnago back as a winter frame. He said that he'd bought a carbon SAB frame and forks recently but they were slightly too big for him so would I swap and he'd build the Dura-ace/Ultegra stuff around it...I bit his hand off!!! He said he'd rather someone have it that would get as much out of it as possible rather than selling it and making a few pounds.

I've spent the last hour stroking the bike with my wife moaning at me that it's 'JUST A BIKE'

Sorry but I just had to share!!! And to let people know that there are really decent people out there!

AndyRM

XOXO
Where is it that you work? I may be looking to switch professions...

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Can't believe the last few weeks I've had. I bought a nice (but old) aluminium bike off a colleague about 18 months ago - I really love the bike and had it as my N+1 that I took out at weekends. To be honest he really 'gave' it to me as it was worth quite a bit but he only wanted £200 for it - Colnago frame with entry level Campagnolo set up (with a carbon seat post!)...most happy!

I had been umming and ahhhing over the last few months and decided that I wanted to change the set up to something a bit more refined. When I spoke to the guy he said that he had a used set of Dura-ace shifters, set of Dura-ace mechs and Ultegra brakes that I could have for £75. I jumped at this as it was a major bargain.

When we were moving the parts over he said that he really wanted a winter bike and that he wouldn't mind the Colnago back as a winter frame. He said that he'd bought a carbon SAB frame and forks recently but they were slightly too big for him so would I swap and he'd build the Dura-ace/Ultegra stuff around it...I bit his hand off!!! He said he'd rather someone have it that would get as much out of it as possible rather than selling it and making a few pounds.

I've spent the last hour stroking the bike with my wife moaning at me that it's 'JUST A BIKE'

Sorry but I just had to share!!! And to let people know that there are really decent people out there!
Jammy beggar! Lol.

What a great bloke.

Mrs M

Guru
Lucky you! What a "thoroughly b****y nice bloke" what
image.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
Lucky bugger!
so did you get the used £75 durace stuff or did he keep it to build up on your old alu frame as the winter bike?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Pictures!!!!!!!
Going to try and put some on later (if I can figure it out!)

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Lucky bugger!
so did you get the used £75 durace stuff or did he keep it to build up on your old alu frame as the winter bike?
Cheers Ed
He built it up with the dura ace/ultegra stuff, he also let me keep the crank set off the Colnago as the cranks are too short for him (only problem is that the crank set is white and the frame is black but doesn't look too bad)

Top Bottom