Geocache anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

It sounds ace but I don't know anyone doing it up here...I saw a programme on it and it looked very fun!

longers

Legendary Member
I do, just done one today as a matter of fact - GCJ82C. My first for a few months - too much cycling.:sad:

Gnarly just about covers it. I'll link up the photos taken today in a bit. The bloke who put this up is very prolific round here and I've learnt quite a bit about the local history and geography from doing these. They're a great way to discover unknown places or to approach them from another angle.

I haven't got a gps either and have found over 100 by map reading alone.
(I do have a gps but it's a german panting shepherd) ;)

OP
OP
T

TVC

Nice location Longers, I tidied up a couple in south Leics this weekend. Off walking in Scotland in a couple of days and hope to bag the one on top of Ben Nevis (GCG6XD), I've picked up a TB to take with me.

OP
OP
T

TVC

Hi Togley,
It's basically a global treasure hunt using your hand held GPS. People hide small caches and publish the lat/long co-ordinates to their location on a main website. There are often puzzles to solve to find the exact spot either on your journey to it, or at home on the web.
Caches tend to fall into three catagories - kiddy friendly in local parks or countryside, fiendish puzzles or those in more extreme locations.

If you have a GPS just google geocache, the whole thing is explained on the main site.

Smeggers

Me too - Not done one in a long time though.

Which reminds me, I must lose those two TB's that have been in me desk for months!! ;)

OP
OP
T

TVC

Smeggers said:
Me too - Not done one in a long time though.

Which reminds me, I must lose those two TB's that have been in me desk for months!! ;)

Naughty boy;)

longers

Legendary Member
Good effort Lifeson. When I put those waypoints in, to see where you been, the darned site says "site not published" or some such tosh. Where were you?

Top Bottom