German efficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Munich airport has just delivered a bus-full of Bucharest passengers to the plane I'm on. Which is going to Rome.

Whoops!

Poor sods. Their luggage is probably already in Mexico.

U

User33236

Switch your phone to airplane mode, srw, until the Captain tells you that you can use it.....
Just came off my 5th flight in the past 12 days and in every one it was announced you could use your mobile devices until the aircraft doors were closed. They should then be put into 'airplane mode'. I presume as passenger still appeared to be boarding the plane, allbeit the wrong ones, the door(s) must have been open.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I fly a fair bit, I'm not sure anyone gives a fug about turning their phones off.

Anyway Lufhansa are easily the most rubbish airline I've used, much worse than even Ryanair, who I've never had a problem with apart from the yellow and blue interiors.

U

User33236

I fly a fair bit, I'm not sure anyone gives a fug about turning their phones off.
Bloke on the flight back from HK had his Boss wireless headphones on all the way and cabin crew didn't care.

Personally I think it's all bull. Same with medical equipment. Worked with the stuff for 23 years and never seen any interference.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Does putting the phone in airplane mode help it get off the ground or are they still using magic ?

They talk about Bernoulli's law but it's fairy dust really.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3668452, member: 259"]We flew with "Luftie" recently and they served broccoli with the breakfast. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I had ham and cold green beans once with AirItalia, fugging foreigners! [/ukip]

They can built really swish airports called the Berlin Brandenburg yet they can't get the fire safety system to work so everyone has to use the overcrowded Schönefeld and Tegel airports instead which date back to the cold war era. 22 years in the making!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3668452, member: 259"]We flew with "Luftie" recently and they served broccoli with the breakfast. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Ackshly, off topic, funny you mention broc. the kids were just moaning about school dinner today being broccoli quiche (middle-class school alert) and I was reminded of George Bush Sr and his broccoli 'rant', can't say they were overly impressed when I showed them, but it does prove the awesome power of the internets.

As you were...

Top Bottom