getting 1st bike for commute to work. what to get?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
quidditys_shore

quidditys_shore

Arch said:
Um, for someone working at Morrisons, doubling the budget might be easier said than done...

Hi there, quidditys_shore (there must be a story behind that name!)

to true! i'm a supervisor and i'm underpaid & understaffed! what frustrates me is check out staff get paid MORE than shop floor because they are "essential" money handlers! even though they dont speed up when its busy, when its quiet they just sit there doing nothing whilst shop floor staff slog there guts out every minute of the day AND most are till trained so go on tills when its bust and still have to get all there jobs done! :biggrin:

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! and relax! LOL sorry about the rant LOL

as for the name, yeah theres a story! ;) in a book called the great & secret how by cliver barker theres a place (sea & island) where you go swiming only twice in your life, when you die & the first night you spend with your true love. its called the sea of quiddity :tongue:

back to getting a bike! LOL i've gone for the damondback eastwood hybrid

http://www.nationalcycles.co.uk/diamondback-eastwood-gents-06-07.html

i'm getting it for £145 delivered from cycle scene in york (he was selling them on ebay). i'm selling some stuff on ebay to make money for it! one thing was the kevin & perry go large movis soundtrack. knew it was sort after and sold it for £20! :wacko:

Tharg2007

Veteran
scoosh said:
Welcome to the Forum ;)

Why not ask her/give her the task to find the right bike for you ? :wacko:
That way, she can give you the benefit of her (considerable) experience, knowledge etc, you get to ask SWMBO to be involved - and you get a good bike for the job, maybe secondhand as she would know what to look for.
Sounds like win/win to me :tongue:
I would agree that front sus would not be worth it on a cheap(ish) bike - and for the type of commute you are likely to be doing.

plus if anything should go wrong or the bike not be suitable it will be her fault and not yours :biggrin:

Top Bottom