Getting beer for cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I think the first question I would be asking is how the number of journeys recorded by the app, compares with journeys pre the app. I might have missed it, but I don't recall seeing that information.
From the clothing of those in the clip, it appears to be running in summer months, so I can see there being an attraction weather wise, but summer in Bologna or other Italian medieval cities, is a little different to Manchester, Glasgow or Birmingham.
But who knows, from little acorns....

Slick

Guru
I think it's a great idea, and at a time when it's announced that Glasgow has more fast food outlets per head of population than anywhere else in the UK it would be great if the city council did this as they already have the app for collecting the data. I see it only runs for 6 moths, which is a shame as the winter months is where some people need a bit of extra encouragement to get out there. It could work.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Not read the link, but cycling & beer in the same sentence gets my vote:becool:

A few weeks ago when I was looking for a place in Cheshire to meet my wife, I noticed this:

https://thethreegreyhoundsinn.co.uk/cycling-news/

But worth at least a pie and pint, surely?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Of topic: Does anyone drink 0% alcohol beer? If so what do you recommend?

I haven’t drunk for a few years and wondered about this. Or is there any point? Or should I just stick to posh fruit juices when I fancy a treat?

I found Bernard pretty good. Only found a few places that sell it. I like Erdinger, but it's very, very gassy.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I found Bernard pretty good. Only found a few places that sell it. I like Erdinger, but it's very, very gassy.
Like ludicrously so, compared to the regular. With the regular, you have to tip the glass a bit to stop it frothing too tall, but the alcohol-free, you have to start off with the glass almost horizontal and be very very gentle.

Germans and Belgians both seem pretty good at the 0% stuff. Schneider Weisse Tap 3 is better than Erdinger's, Jever Fun if you like a pilsner, Flensburger also good and there's a good Kolsch zero which I think might be Fröh. Becks Blue and Bitburger Drive are what you're most likely to see in UK bars, though. Jupiler 0,0% (now a red label like the main brand, replacing the 0.5% Jupiler NA in a green label) is a good Belgian pale, although it's AB InBev. There are surely more that I've tried but am forgetting. There's a warehouse selling them in the next street, so I've tried a few!

If you don't mind the 0.5%, Adnams's Ghost Ship 0.5% seems pretty close to the full strength. They've done very well with that IMO.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Like ludicrously so, compared to the regular. With the regular, you have to tip the glass a bit to stop it frothing too tall, but the alcohol-free, you have to start off with the glass almost horizontal and be very very gentle.

Germans and Belgians both seem pretty good at the 0% stuff. Schneider Weisse Tap 3 is better than Erdinger's, Jever Fun if you like a pilsner, Flensburger also good and there's a good Kolsch zero which I think might be Fröh. Becks Blue and Bitburger Drive are what you're most likely to see in UK bars, though. Jupiler 0,0% (now a red label like the main brand, replacing the 0.5% Jupiler NA in a green label) is a good Belgian pale, although it's AB InBev. There are surely more that I've tried but am forgetting. There's a warehouse selling them in the next street, so I've tried a few!

If you don't mind the 0.5%, Adnams's Ghost Ship 0.5% seems pretty close to the full strength. They've done very well with that IMO.

Woah I have never seen a Kolsh zero, I love Kolsh.

The adnan's ghost ship I've not actually tried, had mixed opinions off it.

Becks blue is appalling really, it's just what's available as you say.

Top Bottom