Getting discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

croyde

I was in Evans today almost happy to order a Specialized Allez Elite and the bits and bobs that I would need to go with it, shoes, cleats, pedals, cycle computer etc but they would not budge on the price.

Considering I was about to spend nearly a grand ( a lot for me), I was surprised that they would not give a bit of discount in order to make the sale.

So I didn't buy and am now considering similar bikes at other shops that are a bit cheaper.

Has anyone had any luck getting a deal?

I buy a lot from that particular shop and have normally got around 10% off.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
They might throw in "extras" instead of reducing the price.. worth asking.

BearPear

Veteran
There is a discount for on-line ordering from Evans, it comes with bumf from Centre Parcs, my very good friend told me that it is CP10 - it gets you 10% off.

Don't know where you are, but the Specialized Concept Stores are offering various incentives, last month it was 10% of what you spend back in kit and I think this month it is something similar. Check out the website and/or cycle mags for their current offerings.

OP
OP
C

croyde

Sh4rkyBloke said:
They might throw in "extras" instead of reducing the price.. worth asking.

Tried that but they said no. said that they had an extras deal with the similar Fuji and Pinnacle.

Cheers.

Specialized don't allow discounts except pre new range clearances so you'd have to get a store discount and apply that as mentioned. They should have told you that. There is a sportive pack offer on secteurs and a 10% of value in accessories on one of the £1000+ bikes (I forget which)
Likewise Trek it seems don't allow delivery of anything other than fully assembled bikes.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I think that the big stores have to toe the line re RRP when dealing with the major suppliers - just look at the £799.99 prices across the board - so offering straight discounts is probably a no-no.

potsy

Rambler
ianrauk said:
you should be able to squeez at least 10% value of the bike in accessories
That's what i got from my lbs,and they will fit all accessories foc too,if purchased at same time as bike.Saying that I bought a rack for my hybrid a good month or so later and they fitted that free as well:biggrin:

Top Bottom