Getting in and out of Mallorca airport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Getting out of Palma Airport, Mallorca, with a bike.......The definitive Guide.

This route was taken on 1st November 2013

I doubt if anyone will ever need this but this is just in case. You may find another route described that takes you past Carrafours Supermarket. That is the route I used to get out of the airport. The following route is much better and it is the route I used to get back into the airport.

Follow this route.

After collecting your luggage and bike you come out of the arrivals Hall into the lobby where the main exit is directly in front of you. If you go through the doors in front of you will see a very long moving walkway and a big car park.

Dont go through the front doors. When you come out of the arrivals lounge turn left. Pass Hertz on the left and go right to the far end where you will see some electric sliding doors. There is a big number 7 on the columns and toilets on the left just before you leave.

Once through these doors you come into a very small, quiet car park. A good place to strip or assemble a bike and sort luggage.

Leave the car park and turn right. You cannot turn left as there are Electric barriers. You are now 20 minutes from a flat coastal bike path that goes all the way to Palma Marina.

After about 200m you come to a roundabout, go straight over. You are heading for the 50km sign.

This road is quiet except for the hire car guys rushing to fuel up and clean the hire cars.

At the next roundabout you want the little White building on your right. Now just keep going.

At the next roundabout there is a big Petrol station on the left. A good place to Stock up with sweets and drink.

Leave the petrol station and at the roundabout turn right and go over the motorway. Once you are on top of the motorway, you will see the sea directly in front of you. Just follow the hill all the way down to the promenade.

Once you get to the prom, turn right and you are on the bike path to Palma, just follow it. It is a really good path with wonderful sea views and places to stop for meals and snacks all the way.

Go back to the airport the way you came out.

When you get back to the airport the departures are on the second floor. The lift to the second floor is next to the tourist information office.

I hope this helps someone one day. It is certainly the best way in and out.

Steve

neil Wheadon

Actually this kind of resource is very useful as taking 11 cyclists from the airport this year (2014) round Mallorca and a guide like this is invaluable, so thanks for taking the time
Neil

Thanks Steve, this worked for us though we had only to travel into the airport, we'd arrived by ferry.

Our route for reaching the airport was to cross the autovia by the MA30 and at the roundabout at the north side take the exit marked "Centre Comercial" which is a service road running parallel to the autovia on the north side, shown on Google Maps as "Cami de Son Fangos". After a couple of kilometres you'll encounter direction signs for the airport. At one point you reach a roundabout by the autovia and we were worried we'd end up on it but if you keep following the airport directions you'll be OK. As you approach the terminal building, keep to the right and ride up the "buses and taxis only" lane past the no entry sign (qualified by "except authorised" and it'll bring you to the door for departures.

I recommend checking this out on Google Maps before you travel.

Incidentally the Balearic Ferries crossing from Valencia was weird, cyclists had to board a bus which drove us onto the ferry with the foot passengers. Fare was expensive and cabins are for four people so too expensive unless you're in a group.

Top Bottom