Getting my first road bike tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt1705

Über Member
Hi,
Just joined the forum after deciding to get a decent road bike instead of my old tatty mountain bike.
Have enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and decided to go for the Triban 3, good bike and within my budget (just) :-)
My wife has taken some convincing, but she's asked her dad about it and he says it's a good bike too, and he's a triathlete...
Anyway, enough rambling, I'm going to my nearest decathlon store tomorrow to try one out for size etc. Can't wait lol, I'm like a kid on Christmas eve!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Enjoy :becool:

OP
OP
M

Matt1705

Über Member
Almost counting down the minutes here lol. And it's a shame I probably won't be able to take it for a ride until Friday as I won't be back until late tonight and I'm back at work tomorrow :'(

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Small price to pay I think for a good bike. Hoping I can live with it lol, how easy is it to replace bar tape? Total bike novice really lol
:blush:

Really easy :smile: get some lizard skin tape. It's awesome :bicycle:

OP
OP
M

Matt1705

Über Member
Let me just get to grips (no pun intended lol) with riding a road bike first :-)

Norm

Just went to the local Decathlon (Reading branch) with my son to pick up a Triban3. Not only did they not have any in stock but they'd already got reservations for 8 bikes and wouldn't take my details, telling me to phone next Monday to see if they had any stock. And that's not going to happen.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just went to the local Decathlon (Reading branch) with my son to pick up a Triban3. Not only did they not have any in stock but they'd already got reservations for 8 bikes and wouldn't take my details, telling me to phone next Monday to see if they had any stock. And that's not going to happen.

Not surprised. Seeing the amount of posts and threads about the bike on this very forum.

OP
OP
M

Matt1705

Über Member
I checked online the other day for the Wednesbury store and they had 14 in Stock of my size.

Anyway just got back from picking up my new bike, first impressions very good. Will get chance to go for a proper ride before the weekend hopefully. :biggrin:

defy-one

When I went and got the 57cm frame, there were 10 of each. Next morning only 1 size 60 (mine) was left. On both visits I saw people walking out with Triban 3's

Top Bottom