Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Felt F75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Felt Z6

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Specialized Secteur Comp

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
yes I do tend to move, I also have aero bars fitted to it which I use on long straight stretches of the road. And you are spot on I do have an underlying back problem (slipped a disk 3 years ago dont even want to think about it) which I may be flaring up on my long rides :sad:

hence hoping to get a little bit more comfortable on the next bike, less vibrations, which is what the carbon would offer me, oh no Im trying to convince myself again ...:tongue:

A well set up alu bike can be just as comfortable, i did 80 miles last Sunday on mine and i was fine, bike fit is an ongoing process, all because the LBS says it looks right you still have to tweak it , a few mm can make a lot of difference.

I have found this site to be really good ( i go for a french fit )

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

I would say the Felt Z6, very good spec, the new Shimano 105 is very good system and Felt saddles are brilliant but which ever you go for make sure they fit the correct sex saddle. Oh, and there are too many specialized bikes on the road. I can guarantee you will get more envious looks riding the Felt.

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

I would say the Felt Z6, very good spec, the new Shimano 105 is very good system and Felt saddles are brilliant but which ever you go for make sure they fit the correct sex saddle. Oh, and there are too many specialized bikes on the road. I can guarantee you will get more envious looks riding the Felt.

thanks totallyfixed, never thought that womens saddle really make a difference? :blush:

Nebulous

Guru
It's a personal choice - but I also have an allez (2010 elite in red)

If I had a free £1200 bike - I'd be heading straight for the Tarmac. The entry level one is about £1600 so I'd put the £400 in. I like the allez frame, although I've put more wear on it than I would have liked. I absolutely wouldn't be going for a big upgrade without going to carbon, and because I like the bike so much I'd want something with a similar layout.

Top Bottom