getting to grips with the site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This being my first experience of social networking, (or is that facebook?) :ohmy:
I was a little overwhelmed and confused as to how I posted a new message. Well here goes I think I have worked it out.:smile:
After reading through the comments or is that threads? and realising a lot of people I work with commute to work on cycles I have spoken to my boss about setting up a cycle to work scheme. Fine he said would you look into it. What a nightmare there is so much information and form filling :ohmy: does anyone know of an easier way of approaching this.:biggrin:

Sally

First hello!
:biggrin:

If you set up the 'scheme' privately, the company can do it itself without getting a 3rd party involved - that's what mine did.
If you do it this way the company buys the bike, then the employee agrees to 'hire' it using salary sacrifice to pay for it. If you do this, the company needs to either have enough money to pay up front for the bike, or to have finance available, and the HR / Payroll department would need to know how to set up the deductions from salary, and the employee would need to sign a form agreeing to the whole thing.

if you go through (eg) cyclescheme.co.uk; I think they do most of the 'paperwork' for you - but I don't know how they get paid... someone else would be best placed to answer that.

SavageHoutkop said:
First hello!
:tongue:

If you set up the 'scheme' privately, the company can do it itself without getting a 3rd party involved - that's what mine did.
If you do it this way the company buys the bike, then the employee agrees to 'hire' it using salary sacrifice to pay for it. If you do this, the company needs to either have enough money to pay up front for the bike, or to have finance available, and the HR / Payroll department would need to know how to set up the deductions from salary, and the employee would need to sign a form agreeing to the whole thing.

if you go through (eg) cyclescheme.co.uk; I think they do most of the 'paperwork' for you - but I don't know how they get paid... someone else would be best placed to answer that.

Thanks for the advice, :smile: as I am the H.R dept I guess I should stop looking for easy options, take the bull by the horns, do the research, and hopefully provide the reward for people in our company who are serious about cycling :eek:

Top Bottom