Getting to sportives.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadracerash1

Hi all. Just another question for everyone out there. I'm planning on doing sportive rides and I've never done one that isn't based in my county. At the moment I don't have a car (but i have 2 years no claims on a motorcycle) so I was wondering how everyone else gets to these sportives that are happening up and down the country. Is it time for me to invest into a dreadful CO2 outputing machine in order to take me to these events? Cheers.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Probably.
Alternatively try an Audax instead. There should be several local to you, and they tend to doff caps at those that cycle to events rather than go by car.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Get some local cycling pals who drive and offer to pay towards the cost of fuel.

Several CycleChatters (and a couple of riders from BikeRadar in the past) have ferried me and my bike about to sportives, audax events and forum rides. I won't name them in case I forget somebody, but thanks lads - always appreciated! :thumbsup:

(Not only did they refuse my offers of fuel cost contributions but they also even refused to let me buy them ice creams on one of my forum rides!)

Col5632

Guru
Most i have drove to a sportive was 1 hr away, don't see me doing any further away that than, as ColinJ said some members may be able to take you by car :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You can get (or at least bodge) a bike rack for a motorcycle
So you can! (All I need now are the motorbike and the rack ... :whistle:)

I wonder what the motor bike handles like with a bicycle hanging off the back? I suppose it is light compared to the weight of the motorbike itself, so perhaps it doesn't affect handling that much.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I drive, but if they were local I'd ride.

As ColinJ has stated, members are often willing to help out with lifts.

Top Bottom