Giant boulder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joemaxi

Any good?

Looking for a second "kick about" light off road bike and found a second hand one 2010 model for £150. The ad says it's only been used 10 times so I might give it a look so I thought I would ask you guys you're thoughts.......

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I know someone who's got one and it's very good for a run about.

Far better than your supermarket bikes

OP
OP
joemaxi

joemaxi

Thanks!

I phoned the guy up and he said there is also a spare set of front forks(omni?) .

I'm going to travel through to Glasgow tonight and have a look. I enjoy my sirrus road bike but some of the drivers do a bit Forrest tracks and I wouldn't take the bike down there so hopefully this could be the cheap answer! A bike that looks and performs a bit better than an ASDA special!!

johnnyh

Veteran
picked up an 09 model last year for £150, and it gets used for canal paths and rides with the kids.
got rid of the suspension fork on mine and also chaged to some conti 1.25 skinnies, but great hack and useful with a rack on the back.

https://www.cyclechat.net/

pic of mine in there... gets a rough life but doesn't give any bother and always ready to ride.

OP
OP
joemaxi

joemaxi

Meeting the seller tonight!

I`m always worried when buying something out of an advert-I keep thinking I`m going to get ripped off. The guy seems genuine enough so here goes nothing!

I will let you know how I get on later tonight!

Watch this space.............

OP
OP
joemaxi

joemaxi

Well,went and bought it!

Excellent condition-the tyres still had the little thin bits of rubber sticking out like when they are new!

Got a set of Omni forks(never heard of them) and a spare tube as well.

Now for the great outdoors.........

Top Bottom