giant defy 1 or merida scultura

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcj800

I have narrowed it down to the above bikes what do people think the giant defy 1 with 105 groupset 2015 model. Or the Merida scultura with 105 groupset 2014 model. Thanks in advance.

MrDaveCee

Regular
I have the Giant Defy 1 2014 and it is a thing of stunning beauty beaut. I doubt they made the 2015 model any worse. Apologies if this doesn't really help.

Keith Oates

Janner
From what I've seen of them they are both good but I'm a Giant fan so would go for that one. However you're doing the buying so just go for the one you consider looks the best. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a defy but a mate has a merida. I bought a 2013 Defy one and he bought a 2014 Ride 94. If i was making a choice between a Defy 1 2014 and the Merida i would have bought the Merida. I love my Defy but the Merida at the same price point had a lot of extra spec compared to the defy and my mate loves riding it.

howdenbiker

Merida do make bikes for several brands including Giant. I've just bought a Merida and the finish is excellent.

howdenbiker

Sorry, I got it wrong, you were right to question, Giant make their own bikes, it is Specialized that Merida make, they own 49% of the company. They used to make Raleigh's but now mainly make their own brand.

OP
OP
M

mcj800

Thanks for the feedback and advice ended up doing a bit of a you turn and got the Cannondale synapse. Personally felt it looked better than the giant due to the internal cables, and felt more comfortable to sit on, only time will tell can I get used to the disk breaks.

OP
OP
M

mcj800

I know got the new 105 11 speed group set on it which swayed me after reading the reviews. But it was a close call in the end, if one of my lbs would of brought the price on the Merida down may of been a different choice.

Top Bottom