Giant Defy 3....any other sugesstions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasonmccullum

Über Member
I am thinking about getting a new bike. i went to my LBS and they have a Defy 3 ( in yellow!!!) for £625.

I can get this on the c2w scheme for around £33 a month.

In your options is this the best bike around for this price range?

if not, which one do you suggest

Thank You

Norm

That's what I'm going to get. ;)

Norm

Why the Trek's over the Giant then? Specs look similar, Trek use Bontrager stuff (saddle, seatpost, stem, bars etc) whereas Giant use their own branded stuff.

Other than the colour, of course. :thumbsup: :?:

I'm relatively new back to cycling, so I'd like to know how you think the Trek is better.

aJohnson

I'd say both the Trek & Giant are good entry level bikes, I have a Trek 1.5, love it and have had no issues and doubt I would have if I went for a Defy 3. IMO the Defy looks very sexy.

jamesxyz

Both are good choices. I have a Trek 1.5 and a Defy Advanced (carbon). I chose the Giant over the Trek Madone when I upgraded cos I think you get more for your money with Giant. You pay for the name more with Trek I think.

Downward

Guru
jamesxyz said:
Both are good choices. I have a Trek 1.5 and a Defy Advanced (carbon). I chose the Giant over the Trek Madone when I upgraded cos I think you get more for your money with Giant. You pay for the name more with Trek I think.

Apart from the entry levels where the spec is better on the Trek models.

Spud

This is very helpful. I have the same decision to make between the Giant and Trek bikes. I'm not an expert but the specs look pretty similar to me and I've found you can spend an awful long time comparing specs but when you are sitting on your chosen bike it doesn't make a lot of difference to how it rides whether one bike is slightly better than the other.

Top Bottom