Giant Defy Sizing Q.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm about 5-9 and ride a medium with a 70cm stem, it's been checked by a computer and everything.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
In the same situation myself to be honest. Sat on a M/L advanced 2 today and would have been spot on if the stem gas been just a tad shorter. In fact it stopped me making the purchase as I wondered if a medium would suit me better. As luck would have it a friend of mine has one in a medium so I'm off for a test ride tomorrow before I pull the trigger. Damn excited tho :laugh:

Mark2802

Regular
I'm 6' 0" and had a M/L defy 1 which was perfect for me. I remember reading somewhere that if you're in the middle of sizes, always go for the smaller size.

surfdude

Veteran
i am 5.8ft and ride the M on a defy 2 . i did put a 90mm stem on it as the giant one was 120mm and to long . now fits lovely and a great bike to .

Doyleyburger

Veteran
In the same situation myself to be honest. Sat on a M/L advanced 2 today and would have been spot on if the stem gas been just a tad shorter. In fact it stopped me making the purchase as I wondered if a medium would suit me better. As luck would have it a friend of mine has one in a medium so I'm off for a test ride tomorrow before I pull the trigger. Damn excited tho :laugh:
Sat on a medium and felt instantly better

blamelouis

Über Member
5"11 and a Giant defy 1 M/L was comfortable.
Guy in shop said most important thing is arm length. Go too big and you'll end up with back problems.
Seats can be raised or lowered.

Cyclist33

5"11 and a Giant defy 1 M/L was comfortable.
Guy in shop said most important thing is arm length. Go too big and you'll end up with back problems.
Seats can be raised or lowered.

Conversely, go too small and you could end up with back problems and/or wrist/forearm problems.

Top Bottom