Giant Defy - tyre size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digit

Anyone know if the Defy series will take a larger tyre than 25mm?
and will they take guards?

Cheers

MikeW-71

Veteran
They MIGHT take 28mm, (I haven't tried it on mine) but it would be very tight indeed if they will. The new Defy Disc would have better tyre clearance. I imagine that they would take 28mm without issue.

They come with 25mm, but mudguards (I used Crud Roadracers) will only fit without rubbing with 23mm.

OP
OP
D

digit

Thanks Mike,

will go down the LBS and see how they go,

How do you rate your Giant Revolt?

Cheers

HAILOS

Regular
I've got a 2015 Defy 0...
GP conti 2s 28 fit fine on rear but no room for anything else.
When fifted to the front wheel they just barely rub on the brakes so o need 25s on front..

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I could not fit 28mm Continental GP4000 II on my 2014 Defy with the specific Giant Defy Guards, I tried with a couple of different rim widths.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Thanks Mike,

will go down the LBS and see how they go,

How do you rate your Giant Revolt?

Cheers
I really like the Revolt. It's a little heavier (of course) but it's comfortable and handles well. Not quite as responsive as the Defy, but a bit more relaxed. I'm running 28mm slicks on it as I use it 99% on road.

OP
OP
D

digit

Thanks Mike,

not sure about the look, the sloping top tube and back end look a bit odd to me but,
will see if I can get a test ride. At the end of the day, its the ride not the looks that really matter.

Cheers

MikeW-71

Veteran
It is odd looking, but it seems to work. I fitted a rack to mine so it does light-touring duties as well, it hides the odd rear end somewhat :laugh:

Top Bottom