Giant Escape M 0 2009 vs. R1 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

pb63

Veteran
Pictures I'll try get some up, however it might take me a day or so because on the weekend I was out on it, and a nasty sounding knocking started to come from the bottom bracket. Now I'm no expert when it comes to bikes, but surely this shouldn't be doing this after doing <50 miles and in under 1 month of ownership! It occurs in all gears and and when i'm going up a hill so the crank is under load. Sounds/feels like a dud clonking...

Not very impressed. Luckily i was only 10miles from home and was going past a reputable bike shop as well so i popped in to ask their advice. They diagnosed either the pedal bearings or the crank itself and explained that the latter today are sealed units and really should not be making noises after such little use. They suggested as it's still under warranty i should contact the supplier which i have done and am awaiting a call back... and still waiting. It should come under Giant warranty thought right?

Anyhow watch this space...

OP
OP
P

pb63

Veteran
after getting into contact with giant, they advised that i take it into my nearest dealer which I have done. They took the offending bottom bracket out and re-greased the whole unit - you can now see the red greese seeping out of all holes on the crank.

Seems to have done the job - went out for a quick 20 mile ride on the weekend and no clonks. So happy once again...

Top Bottom