1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giant - new range in April ?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by goo_mason, 24 Feb 2008.

1. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

I was in touch with Halfrauds the other day to get the price of an ordered-in SCR2 as I need to decide in the next week what LOC value I'm asking for on the Bike2Work scheme this year.

I was told that April's a bad time to look for a Giant as they bring out their new range then, so Halfrauds can't say if the SCR2 will still be available or still at £545.

Anyone know about the 'new range' and whether they're likely to ditch the SCR2 considering they've only just started selling the SCR2 2008 ?

2. Monty Dog

Monty Dog New Member

The bike industry works on a 12 month cycle - the following years bikes are launched in the summer and generally arrive in Sept/Oct that's why the best sale deals are in August/Sept when everyone's clearing out stock. Unless Giant are only just bringing in a new range, but don't expect to see 2009 models until after the summer.

3. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

The place where I bought mine thought that there might be a "refresh" of the range in March, or thereabouts - they couldn't see much happening to the SCR2 though, as Tiagra hasn't changed (he reckoned the SCR3 might get the new 2008 Sora groupset, which I think went to 9, rather than 8 speed).

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I was talking to my LBS on Friday. The Giant trade show is on Mother's Day, and the new bikes will be there. So you should be able to get some info in a week. Catalogues aren't out yet.

Oh, and apparently Claude Butler (don't laugh) have finally realised that they can't live off the name any more, and are starting to raise their game. It's a shame Dawes don't follow.

5. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I forget which decent LBS I spoke to a month agoish but they said the same, new stuff coming in in March and only left overs in stock at the mo

6. John Ponting

John Ponting Über Member

I was told the same last Sunday. I wanted an SCR2 but he only had a SCR1.5 in my size. Only missing guard & rack eyes.

7. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

I contacted Giant UK and the SCR2 is not going to change so will still be available to me in April.

Yessssssss !!! :biggrin: