Giant Revolt 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobinJohnson213

Hi

Just getting back into cycling and looking at buying one of two bikes. Either a Giant Revolt 0 2020 or a Giant Revolt 2 2020. Would be grateful if any Giant experts out there would let me know whether the superior spec of the 0 justifies the extra £450.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not a Giant expert but I can tell you like most other things the law of diminishing returns kick in when get past a basic spec. The more expensive one will have a better groupset and other upgrades. Only you will know if it's worth the extra for your needs.
When posting questions requesting opinions on a bikes it's always a good idea to post links to the bikes you are referring to to save people scrambling about trying to find them.
BTW welcome to the forum.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi

Just getting back into cycling and looking at buying one of two bikes. Either a Giant Revolt 0 2020 or a Giant Revolt 2 2020. Would be grateful if any Giant experts out there would let me know whether the superior spec of the 0 justifies the extra £450.

Thanks in anticipation.
Can you post links to the bikes in question

Have you looked around to see if there are any deals on the 2019?

OP
OP
R

RobinJohnson213

Not a Giant expert but I can tell you like most other things the law of diminishing returns kick in when get past a basic spec. The more expensive one will have a better groupset and other upgrades. Only you will know if it's worth the extra for your needs.
When posting questions requesting opinions on a bikes it's always a good idea to post links to the bikes you are referring to to save people scrambling about trying to find them.

Thanks for the advice and your welcome.
See links below.
https://www.wheelies.co.uk/shop/p218253/Giant-Revolt-2-2020-Gravel-Bike.aspx
https://www.wheelies.co.uk/shop/p218251/Giant-Revolt-0-2020-Gravel-Bike.aspx

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They look pretty much identical apart from the upgrade to 105 on the more expensive model.
I have Sora and find its performance very acceptable.
I'd be a little wary about the pressfit bottom brackets on both bikes as they are known to give trouble.
Use the search function to look for posts on 'pressfit'.
I'd have a look at the Genesis Vagabond from that seller.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The brakeset is also very different - the in house Giant Conduct system on the lower level bike is fairly new on the scene. Not sure how easy these systems are to maintain without LBS involvement.

OP
OP
R

RobinJohnson213

Thanks guys although now a little confused. I think more research is required. I'll be back!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have one of the older Revolts. If I was buying again I would look for thru-axles and hydraulic brakes & make sure I was happy with the weight of the bike. The Conduct braking system occupies a lot of handlebar space...

Top Bottom