Giant Roam 2 stolen from communal hallway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben1982

At some point last night (or early this morning) my Roam 2 was stolen from the communal hallway of the flats I live in, in Gravesend.

Had it locked up to my daughters bike (there's nothing solid to chain it up to, so chaining two bikes together seemed like a better than chaining it to itself) with a doberman lock (a recommendation from my LBS for the situation, which under further research was a really poor choice of lock, they recommended a Bulldog D Lock for use at work, which now seems only okish for an outside shelter at work with only wood to feed the cable round)
The main door to the flats forces itself closed, with only people gaining entry by key or being buzzed in by a resident of one of the 10 flats (or someone leaving obviously).
Even so I would check to see if my bike was there whenever I went to leave or enter the building, (it's not visible from outside, so the thief would have been someone who came into the flats for some reason), which I have done without fail over the past 18 months.

All that's left of the lock is the velcro strip, that proves they cut through the coil - looking online it doesn't actually take much.

Reported to Kent Police, and work had kindly insured it under their insurance so hopefully will get it replaced, but I know what insurance companies are like with trying to wriggle out of paying.

Harry Mc

i had exactly the same bike stolen form Knigstion yesterday (04/08/11) :sad: everyone tells me i haven't got the tiniest chance of getting it back

Top Bottom