Giant SCR2.0 Seatpost

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by John the Monkey, 19 Apr 2010.

1. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Hi all,

I'm toying with the idea of a new seatpost for my Giant SCR2.0.

The current, Giant branded post is a 27.2mm affair that uses a shim (Giant say the seat tube internal diameter is 31.7mm).

The new post will have my "quick ride" saddle on it, whereas the old post would get fitted with a Brooks for commuting duties (swapping the post being easier than changing over the saddles). Has anyone used a 31.6mm post on the SCR2? Is it a good idea, or should I try & get another 27.2mm post and shim?

Ta!

2. 02GF74

02GF74 Über Member

you're right - seat posts don't seem to come in 31.7 mm (ok, so I just did quick search on ebay).

using 3.16 mm is 0.3 percent smaller; I reckon you will be ok. (yes, I know that I said last week not to use a 27.0 mm post in a 27.2 mm frame!!, but that is 0.7 % diffference)

3. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

I'd either stay with the shim or get your hands on a 31.6 post (borrow one) and see how it fits - if it's quite loose then forget it, if it's OK go out and buy the one you want.

4. jann71

jann71 Über Member

Just found this thread while looking for a 31.7mm seatpost to put on my giant.
    What seatpost did you end up buying to use with your brooks?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice