Giant Talon 1 (27.5") questions.....advice needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have been offered a brand new (2014 model) Giant Talon 1 with 40% off =£540ish.
It is a 27.5 and comes with Rockshox Gold TK Solo (whatever that means :smile: )
It is the last one in stock so I have to make a quick decision so..................a few questions.
I am 68......reasonably fit but my days of "proper off road" are way gone. My cycling will only be Penine Way (potholes at worst)......a bit of Delamere Forrest (the gentle bit) and possibly Llandegla (the easier routes).

Does anyone ride this bike???
Is it any good??
Are the forks any good for my type of cycling??

I have never ridden a 27.5........only ever a 26" with chunky tyres so have no way to compare.

Motozulu

Über Member
Good solid forks - will easily cope with anything you will be riding and give you a good level of comfort too - sounds an absolute bargain! I ride both flavour of wheels and tbf there is very little difference. The 27.5 are slightly faster on the flat, again, which will suit your riding perfectly. HTH.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good solid forks - will easily cope with anything you will be riding and give you a good level of comfort too - sounds an absolute bargain! I ride both flavour of wheels and tbf there is very little difference. The 27.5 are slightly faster on the flat, again, which will suit your riding perfectly. HTH.

Thanks............decision made I tootled off down to the store-tried it out and bought it:cycle::bicycle:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks again

I have double/tripple checked and the 2014 model is definitely £899..........the 2015 models have dropped to £850. So I do feel I got a bargain.

Where you've scored over a 'full price' £500 bike is lower weight and decent forks - the benefits of the latter cannot be underestimated.

Good job, well done.

Top Bottom