Giant TCR 1 or Canondale Caad 6 TIA..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
I have been offered a Giant TCR 1 ( alloy 2012) and like it very much, but now I've looked at the Canondale Caad 6 TIA.. are they just about the same bike, is one better than the other..

Cheers..

vickster

Legendary Member
The Cannondales are meant to have the best alloy frames

Which did you prefer to ride - should be the ultimate decider?

Reviews http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/road-bike/cannondale/caad9-6/prd_419158_5668crx.aspx

http://road.cc/content/review/34345-giant-tcr1-compact

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Going on Monday or Tuesday to have a fiddle about but I do like them both.. not that you should buy a bike on its colour but the Canondale has a better colour scheme.. The Giant TCR 1 is a bit snazzy..

PS.. The TCR in your link is actually a better colour than the one in the shop..

vickster

Legendary Member
That may be an different year's model.

Are they both Tiagra?

Colour is absolutely crucial...female here!

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just checked and they are both the same Tiagra's.. Just a bit worried that the bloke from Dr Bikes has this Caad in for me, the Spanish are not that reliable, and I really want to try more than one bike before I buy one.. but as you know I will be in the UK in a couple of weeks time to got to Cyclesurgery and Evans if this fails..

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just been looking at Evans site and I've given the wrong bike title its a Canondale Caad 8 6Tia.
Lakeside or Crawley being the nearest too me with Crawley having the bigger stock, that could be the one..

vickster

Legendary Member
Crawley is the Evans home store, round the back of Gatwick. But they do not have all models, so call in advance :smile:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
OK.. thats worth knowing, if nothing happens over here I will contact them.. :smile:

Top Bottom