Giant TCR2 2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjb

Hi folks

I'm looking for some advice for my boss (hence very, very important to get this right!!!) who, after hearing me wax lyrical about how good it is being back on a road bike after 20 years (SCR2) has been offered a 2005 TCR2 for aorund £150.

I've already advised him to check the size and to secure a good long test ride before even thinking about buying, but to help further I've got a couple of quick questions:

Is the price reasonable - it's apparently been well looked after although it has done some miles. Spec is Tiagra 9 speed triple with Rodi stylus racing wheels. Are there any obvious things to look for in terms of wear and tear?

Is it a suitable bike for a relative novice to road bikes? I went for the SCR because of the relaxed geometry, I'm a bit worried that the TCR is more aggressive? I know my boss has had back problems recently.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice:biggrin:

Simon

walker

Is this the frame that's a horrid Camel Colour?

if so the frames good for a novice as long as he gets the right size it should be ok for his back. the only wear and tear on the bike is just your general wear and tear really. The wheels are a little shoddy and over time will need an upgrade.
He might get some problem's with the headset as the one giant Supply (cane creek, not sure on the model) is a little on the crap side and becomes a little stiff around the 3k miles mark.

the bike orginally was sold for around £700 so to get one for £150 is pretty good given the state its described in.

Keith Oates

Janner
For #150 I think he should take one look and if it's in good nick and it fits, take the notes out of his back pocket and say thankyou to the seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ash68

I've got a tcr 2 . It's about 4 years old. Done about 20,000 miles on it with no probs other than general worn out parts any bike gets. Mine has 105 components on and still the original front wheel on a cxp22 rim . The rear has a new open pro rim on the original hub and spokes.Only gets used in the summer mind. Use a dedicated winter bike in the snow and wetter months. Paid £1000 new for mine, so if that's in good nick it sounds a bargain.

Top Bottom