Giant Twist Express

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Afternoon All,

I've been offered an ebike from a friend but it needs a new battery pack. From what I can see replacement packs are about £400, which would make the purchase a little un-economical.

Is it possible to replace the cells yourself or does anyone have any cheaper ways to get around the problem?

The bike in question
https://road.cc/content/review/66618-giant-twist-express-w

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some places do repair packs, not so sure it's DIY though.

DIY is dodgy unless you REALLY know what you are doing

This company have recelled my ebike batteries twice now and seem to do a good job. You capacity is quite low (apparently) so it shouldn;t costs as much as mine which was £350 - but this also included increasing the range and using better quality cells

If the bike itself is in good condition and you know that is hasn't been abused then it isn't a bad deal for a used ebike - especially one from a known make
But then you could get a bottom of teh range Raleigh Array for not much more

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
If the bike itself is in good condition and you know that is hasn't been abused then it isn't a bad deal for a used ebike - especially one from a known make

It's been garage for a few years now, hence needing the new battery pack. I've been offered it at next to no money and was going to give it to my partner.

What company did the re-cell work for you?

Top Bottom